These video clips were prepared to give you a sense of the different explorations which are
possible when researching flow. Always ... always .... keep in mind the following points, as you undertake your own research into this vast and often unexplored territory:
1. There exists a core of instinctive movement. For movement to flow, it must emerge from your core of instinctive movement. Analyzing and thinking get in the way and leave you
pausing or losing time focusing on extraneous detail.
2. Flow moves like water and goes where unimpeded, sometimes through the smallest
cracks or kinks in your opponent's armour, sometimes like a tsunami overwhelming all impediments.
3. It packages effective force and/or technique and avoids the inefficient.
4. It's affect is devastatingly effective and typically overwhelms the opponent's ability to respond.
5. Flow is self-sustaining. It loops contiously, supported by the defender's underlying
Developing Flow with Locks
Developing Flow with Arm Bars
Flow and Power in Circles
Flowing with Sai
Flowing with Tonfa #1
Flowing with Tonfa #2
Please...if you like coming, lend your support! If you benefit from what you find here,
show your appreciation with a contribution. Doing so will assure our continued presence on line, and expansion into new areas of interest over time. We have many plans and
ideas for the future, but will require significant upgrades in video recording equipment, software and computer hardware, on top of the increasing expenses for web volume and
throughput. As it stands, we are extended to the limit of available resources.Please note that Iron Crane Dojo is not a "not for profit" organization. Donations are
not tax deductible. Whether you able to donate or not, please understand you will remain our friend and continue to be welcomed at Iron Crane Dojo.
Cast your vote with a donation! WE REALLY NEED YOUR HELP!!!